Network Transmission Engineer
|Benefits:||Competitive Benefits Package and 401k|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Job Title: Network Transmission Engineer|
Work Location: Scott AFB, IL
Annual Salary: Commensurate with experience
Education & Experience: Bachelor Degree and at least 6 years of experience
Certification: DoD IAT Level II is preferred
Clearance: Active Secret
Please note that you must be a US citizen to apply to this position
Contract Labor Category: SME
The individual in this position will perform duties as a Network Transmission Engineer (Wired and Wireless) by providing ongoing network support as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the areas of IT support engineering, network administration, first-line support, second-line support, security engineering and network architect.
• Provide support for packet analysis, intrusion detection, performance analysis, and advanced design;
• Install, maintain and support computer communication networks within an organization or between organizations;
• Closely explore network equipment, including the operating systems, integration and testing, and cross functional work experience to facilitate support of multiple IP-Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) which define the functional architecture for a managed IP-based network and be part of the Device performance/Network User Testing, which evaluates new products/devices as well as software protocols for various regions within the command;
• Reference and implement network standards (Base Area Network - BAN), configuration and AF Waiver requests, Quality of Service, VPN technology, EoIP, Wireless distribution (alternative to fiber), Suite B, Authority To Operate (eMASS system) and Wireless applications specific to, but not limited to, those identified below.
• Highly developed experience with wireless and wired network technology;
• Possess a comprehensive knowledge of 802.11 (a,b,g), 802.1x, 802.11i, EAP, TTLS, TKIP, Radius, and radio frequency communication principals;
• Knowledge and understanding of supporting state of the art networking architecture;
• Ability to oversee wired and wireless installations in base networks (integration, configurations and architecture);
• Knowledge of network transmission systems and applications (wired and wireless);
• Ability to understand interoperability issues between mixed types of network/equipment to include wired and wireless network equipment;
• Knowledge of new technology in order to be able to enhance and expand network use of UC in Air Force and MAJCOM architectures;
• Understanding of system/program management (cradle to grave) to include requirements validation, cost proposals, business case analysis, and sustainment.
• Documented experience and ability to demonstrate knowledge/skills/abilities with the items (i.e. technologies, organizations, systems, processes, etc.);
• Bachelors degree and at least 6 years of experience;
• Active Secret clearance
S4 Inc. offers challenging projects, competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package with 401(k), and universal time off. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. S4 participates in the E-Verify employment verification program. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding position, then we invite you to submit your resume including salary history/requirements. Candidate selected must be able to obtain and maintain the security clearance required by the contract at all times.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, and need a reasonable accommodation to apply to a position, please contact Michelle Sweeney, HR Manager, by phone at (781) 273-1600 or by email at email@example.com.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.